8/30/2010

Safco Radius Front Desk Top Organizer, 38.5 Inches Width x 15.25 Inches Height, Medium Oak (9411MO) Review

Safco Radius Front Desk Top Organizer, 38.5 Inches Width x 15.25 Inches Height, Medium OakThis is made of particle board & laminate--that much I knew.I wasn't expecting a fine piece of furniture, but what I WAS expecting was that it would be packaged well enough to survive shipping. It wasn't.It arrived with one bad "crunch" in the upper right corner and a couple other minor crunches.Because we're using it in a fairly utilitarian spot, looks don't matter too much and, functionally, it still works.It isn't worth the hassle of contacting customer service to resolve this.The fact that it was damaged in more than one place on the box, resulting in several different injuries to the item, means that their packaging is NO WHERE NEAR as sturdy as it needs to be.

Damage aside, the piece is functional and works well as a mail-sorting station by our back door.It is laminate & particle board and some of the pieces COULD meet up a little bit better.The fiberboard (brown in the photo) shelves should be a little more substantial--when built as-shown, they aren't rigid enough to stand up to much use.They come with a black plastic edgeband that you add on during assembly that stiffens it some, but it's still pretty flimsy. I'm afraid that, with much use, it will not hold up--I forsee having to replace them with something like plexiglass in the future.

Still, for the price, I'd probably buy it again....though if I were putting it somewhere more visible in my home, I would send the unit back if they couldn't replace the broken pieces.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Safco Radius Front Desk Top Organizer, 38.5 Inches Width x 15.25 Inches Height, Medium Oak (9411MO)

Product Description:
Affordable desk top organizers with attractive radius front that allows convenient access to stored materials. 5/8" compressed wood cabinetry with a laminate finish. Available in Oak and Gray. Quick and easy set up. Top shelves feature a radius front that forms four horizontal and two vertical compartments. Three adjustable hardboard shelves at the bottom form up to six 12"W x 9"D x 2-1/2"H letter-size compartments

Buy NowGet 41% OFF

Want to buy Safco Radius Front Desk Top Organizer, 38.5 Inches Width x 15.25 Inches Height, Medium Oak (9411MO) at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:

buy it at amazon.combuy it at amazon.co.ukbuy it at amazon.cabuy it at amazon.debuy it at amazon.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment